Who works on Sundays?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CoastalEmpire, Aug 1, 2004.

1. CoastalEmpire

CoastalEmpire LawnSite Member

Well you should'nt. That is the day to rest.

2. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

I will rest enogh when I die. If the customer wants it , the customer gets it. As long as they pay.

3. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes, unfortunately, I have to. Funny how some folks who tell me it's not right to work on Sunday can been seen on Sunday shopping at Walmart or a eating an after church meal at a restruant

4. MWE

MWE LawnSite Member
    from NC

I work sunday - friday.

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'll work if I'm behind. One lady said I should take the day off, I told her I get 3 months off a year, when you look at it like that its not that bad.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Never. Won't even consider it.

7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

sunday is just another day. If there is work to be done I do it. If not I relax, same as any other day of the week.

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Usually, I work Sundays and if I take a day off, I take Monday off. I do my commercial props and the homes that are empty on Sunday, catch up on any that I'm behind. I really don't like having Sundays off, nothing much to do. Not to mention the anger issues I have with this day from being forced to attend catholic church every Sunday through my childhood. :D

When football season rolls around, though, it's another story on home game Sundays.

:D

9. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

No Saturdays and No Sundays.......

Derek

10. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

If you can't get it done in 6 days.......you need to step back and take a look things. I know the money may be good.......but the customer is playing you. Not many people expect you to work on Sundays. It is your choice to do so....and that is OK.

Under any circumstances....I will not mow in the rain or work on Sunday. My people know this up front and have to accept it or find someone else.

O-O