1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who would and who wouldn't bite the bullet for 5 college girls?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michigangrass, May 26, 2003.

1. michigangrass

michigangrass LawnSite Member

After finishing a house here in ann arbor the neighbor girl asked me to stop by for a quote. I quickly met all 5 roommates which I have to say was very pleasant!:D

BUT...after taking a look at that back yard, the beauty faded. Oh my god, it had to be almost 3' tall with the only access being a very small side gate. They did however offer me a whopping $40 to cut it. This was to be a one time cut...they'd break out the 21" from that point on.

I now know that I've reached that point of thinking "I'm too old for this $hit".

All I could say was "you're crazy, all I can recommend is to wait for a flyer to end up in your mailbox, there are some newer guys that will cut it for that".

I think I'm still having nightmares about that back yard.
  2. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

No offer to barter?:p
  3. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

how small was the gate. did they want it just cut or cut and trimmed? if just cut as long as the gate is big enough for me to get a 48" wb through i would have done it. Maybe barter alittle. LOL
  4. michigangrass

The gate was chainlink installed in the 50's or 60's, it was smaller than 36".

Forgot to mention that the back yard was huge.
  5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Trade services for services;)
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay LawnSite Member

as long as you are single my friend I would have gotten some phone numbers and tried to get a new lady friend

no fer real i woulda used the opportunity to score a date.

8. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I would have to say that's a tough call. Obviously if they are college girls there is going to be a CRAPLOAD of stuff in the back, bottles, clothes, cans, tires? bikes, etc. I'm not sure about their place, but I have experience with frat houses and they are for the most part garbage dumps. The girls aren't bad usually, they keep their places nice. But if you are saying the lawn is 3' tall... don't bother.
  9. michigangrass

One year anniversary just past, very happy.

Still enjoyed meeting them all and what an eye feast!!!!!!!!!!
  10. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

A little eye candy never hurt anyone. I would have had to barter a little bit, or at least got a single friend to help for free possibly.