Who would quit a job making $58000 to do this?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kse1221, Apr 30, 2012.

1. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

My whole point! Who doesn't understand this!?
    9-9=0
    4-2=2
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

mx we can talk till we're blue in the face, but until the industry is regulated we'll never get rid of the budweiser bobs! so we have to rise above and stay out of that lowball market.

3. themadcutter

themadcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from florida

one.
    you don't have to read anything so stop whining.

two
    is very very valuable information that 9 out 0f 10 people don't seem to grasp. ITs easy to repeat but not so easy to understand for most.
    And if more people did understand it then more of us would be able to make money instead of just getting by.

I can't tell you the number of people I have talked to that think if they did a self employed job with all their own tools and grossed $25 in an hour that they just made $25 an hour.

4. 205mx

You're right and that's what kills me. I will say I have my real estate license and its a very similar industry. Pros, ameruers, and assholes
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

This is very very true.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. themadcutter

from florida

If figuring long term loss over a 5 year period was as simple as 9-9=0 then there wouldn't be a problem

Here's a real life example. I talked to a you g fella who just spent 18,000$ to buy 60 accounts and some old equipment (he lives at home and I believe his parents bought the accounts) so now he had about 120 accounts
    He was bragging how he just doubled his income.

If he or any one else thinks he actually doubled his income then he would be one of the people who understands that
    9-9=0 but doesn't understand any more than that

And this young man is typical of new owners.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. themadcutter

from florida

GO GATORS!

I feel bad your not using your engineering degree also. That's a lot of money to spend to learn how to fix a mower.

When the cape closed there were a bunch if guys who took their severance pay and bought all new lawn equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 205mx

It's remarkable
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 205mx

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't whining towards the poster, but rather towards the idea that it has to be said so much. It's a shame that people aren't picking up a book and learning Econ 101when starting a new business.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. themadcutter

from florida

Oh. My apologies for any mis placed attitude thrown in your direction.
    Posted via Mobile Device