who would you like to meet in person

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 1, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ive met, or should i say encountered some really cool people here, and some real fools. some are gone, some remain(hey, i think i heard that in a song somewhere). ive never met anyone from here in person. if u had to pick just one person from here, who would u pick to meet in person, and maybe do a little work with.

2. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

Ive meet quit a few people from here .And ive made friends on the instant messenger with many on here.

65 hoss and i instant message each other quite a bit and talk on the phone quite a bit when we both aint busy.

It would be hard as heck to pick just one .I have a freind on the instant messenger chester jm5 his name is gary he dont post a lot .I talk with him on the instant messenger every day this may sound corny but although we have never seen each other eye ball to eye ball he is a dear friend .We talk on the phone all the time he sends pics of his family and i send pics of mine to him.

It would be hard to pick just one from such folks as charles , geo gunn and sls and many many others .

Dont think i could pick just one

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Odin :D
    John Gamba :D
    many more..... if it could only be one I'd probably say John Gamba though.

4. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

This is a tuffy. But to pick one, i think i would love to meet John Allin. However, he would pry want to punch me 15 minutes after he met me because of all the questions i would be asking him .... lol!

5. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

I'd say GraZZ but he'd probably punch me for asking too many questions right after he asked Mr. Allin. Nice work btw GraZZ

6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I was looking forward to meeting Eric ELM. I would say there are alot of people I would meet from here. I met quite a few and am good friends with Scraper.

So far I met: Scraper, Evan, justalawnguy, chip, TLS, Gogetter, Ray Kirby (happen to be in Charlotte), and a couple more that I can't think of.

7. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Eric Elm without a doubt;Just started to e-mail with him before his passing.That is one person ALL of us should have met.TPI Robert and I have become really good friends.Like to meet LGF, Jim Lewis,Frankenscag,65 Hoss.Would love to go to a trade show with LGF;Let the games begin!LOL Maybe we could test ride the jungle jim motorized wheelchair together.

8. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

He's not on the forum...but I'm going to change it a little...I would love to meet David Mellor, the guy that does the fantastic striping on Fenway park.

9. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

From the sounds of things, I wish I had known Eric Elm. I missed out.

At this point, it would be awesome to meet more of the guys from around this area... in the Pacific Northwest - a few are Scag48, Popsicle, Just Turned Pro, and Jim Lewis.

A few other names belonging to guys I'd love to meet - John Gamba, Green Pastures, brucec32, Envy Lawnservice, yourlawnguy, TLS, johnhenry. Oh and BHB - err... "FrankenScag" cuz he's a character and will rip this biz right up when he gets old enough.

There are others that I'm not thinking of right off, but it is late and there is grass to cut in the morning.

10. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

First and foremost I would have to meet the one and only Jim Lewis !