Who Would You Like To Work With???

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MarcusLndscp, Jan 28, 2006.

1. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

In spending so much time on LS you can really tell who truly knows their trade. It got me thinking...who on here would you like to sit next to for a week or two in his or her truck just to watch them work and see truly how talented they are? Whether it's people actually doing installs or the ones that are doing more of the management...either way. List one, two, or three people. Who do you think you could learn a lot from???

Hands down I would chose UNISCAPER.....I think I'd leave knowing 10 times what I know now

2. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to lay pavers with Anna Kournikova (her uniform would consist of a thong, period). I think it would be interesting for several reasons.

Seriously, I would like to build a retaining wall with Bill Schwab (Uniscaper.) Hands down, the man.

I would also like to do a wet lay flag job with TREEDOC. Again, from what I've seen on this site with regard to wet lay, hands down, the man.

I think I would also enjoy counting Olderthandirt's money for a week.

If I wanted to feel superrior and "better than", I'd work with Chris (CGLAND) for five minutes. LOL.

3. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

LOL Mike!
    Others for me would be DFelix, CGLand, Treedoc, Kris, Squizzy, yeah I guess MBella. One person you don't want to work with is that GreenMonster guy. What a pain in the azz!:p

4. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Working with my wife or with Mike (Mbella) would be the same. They are both very critical......wife has bigger cans so i'd go with her.
    A few $$$ would shut her up.
    Ive worked with Olderthandirt....like being short stacked at the final table of a poker game cash wise.

5. mbella

Absolutely. I'd love to work with all of you guys. Well, with the exception of that Greenmonster. I have enough drama in my life. I don't need steppers spray painted or anything like that.

Seriously, I answered honestly. For the reasons I mentioned in my previous post, there are two members that stand out, Bill Schwab (Uniscaper) and TREEDOC.

They may not post as much as the rest of us, but when they do, it is meaningful. Well, it's meaningful for me at least.

6. mbella

Wow. I didn't think your name would come up in this thread:laugh: :laugh: .

You silly bastard. I get accused of being critical. Maybe I'm insensitive, but I just try to be honest. Do you guys think I go too far? I really don't think I do.

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, well, well! Great post! I would like to work with Marcus or Treedoc, just to learn the ins and outs of wet lay and dry lay stonework. I would also like to work with Bill and pick his brain. I would also love to work with Mbella, so I can see all of the advice I've given him in action. I'm afraid if I worked with Green Monster he would start calling me all the time then Marcus would get jealous and it would be a huge soap opera mess!:p
    Seriously, there is a core group in the hardscaping forum that I would like to sit down with. HHHMMMM! Maybe we should set up a day to all meet somewhere and have lunch. Mike..set that up for me!

Chris

8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Thats a tough one, there are so many on here that I think could teach me a whole lot more than I know now.

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

I know the hardscape forum is invite only. I keylogged a pass.
    I might swim with the trench dwellers over in the irrigation section this year.

10. mbella

I'll do my best boss.