Who would you like to Work with?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Well, Hardscaping has a thread on this, so I thought I'd start one over here in irrigation.

Of the regulars here, who would you like to spend a day with working?

Personally, I'd like to down to Cali and spend a day or two laying some 6" main with Hayes, perhaps I can bring a plow and take some time to teach him what plowing is all about :D

I'd like to have a cup of coffee or a few beers with Bryan, Boots and Jerry, though I don't know if I'd like working for them :laugh:.

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

So many choices... I feel that I'd learn a lot from most of the regulars on here. I'd like to do some plowing and poly installation to see what it's all about. :)

However, my first choice would be to go to Australia and work with that hardscaping rascal Squizzy (that comes to this forum from time to time to incite riots) and put up a few limestone walls. They really fascinate me. :p

3. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I've had very few share a prefrence for working with me. Those few have been fellow techs who didn't actually have to put up with "me" on a day in day out basis. My wife will vouch for me that I have always been the guy who gets the help most desired to have quit anytime I have worked for large outfits. As to who I would most like to work with for a day or week. That would be a tough split. I think I would enjoy seeing Washington and meeting some of my wife's extended family if I made it out that way, and some of the pic's Jon has posted make me think I that there might be some good things I could pick up. I would also like to see ground so bad that sch 40 pipe is preferable to class. I also think I would like a trip to TX to see Jerry and work with some of the projects he has described. I like large projects in small doses. I think managing to be in the same place at the same time to kick back and swap lies with most of the regulars here would be a treat. We have some personalities here for sure. Meeting Boots would be good, but traveling to the NE isn't on my list. Hayes would be the same, I have a mid-westerners prejudices about California. I think I'll just pass. On another note, I would like to see some of the systems Dana and Tony deal with. Landscape or irrigation, I have always been facinated by the concept of turf and ornamentals that spend months (in normal years, which this AIN'T) under a blanket of snow.

4. :blush: I didn't expect to see my name....or Dana's :p

I would like to go to Mass and work with HBFoxx...he isn't here much anymore cuz his life is so good.....but I would like to spend the day hangin with him and listening to his accent.

I used to want to hang with Dana....but now that I live in Colorado and I can if I want to.....I don't want to anymore....kidding of course...I enjoy all my times with him, especially when he's buying!

I'd like to hang out in Ks with mud pup....if he has Pheasants anywhere near him or giant Whitetails.....

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Gee mudpuppy I am offended you were 1st on my list..Purple but I would have to watch his guys do the actuall work while he ran the equipment and they are sloppy gluers so forget that..he is closest though.
    Boots and a few others that have slipped my mind at the moment..but unlike the hardscaping where some art comes into the mix....irrigation ya kinda mostly have the basic same steps to acomplish your goals or it just won't work at all.

6. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to spend some time with BSME, Greenworld H20, purp and along with that paul guy from the lighting section. I think that bic,wet and jerry have the most knowledge to learn from so if you write any books let me know.

7. bicmudpuppy

I ever get busy enough to not worry about not having money when I have time, without getting so busy I don't have any time, its a deal. Any you would't have to drive that far, but I will expect you to bring the Kool-aide :drinkup:
    My father-in-law is from sw KS and the last time we were down that way, I was within 10 miles of the CO line. I need to get to know those relatives better, but they have some real good pheasant hunting down there and I have been invited. Inviting a few friends later in the season wouldn't be an issue. (just don't expect to be welcome opening day! they don't even like ME that much)

8. bicmudpuppy

Sounds like your getting thin skinned again. You didn't make my list because of that CA thing and your a little outfit just like me. I wouldn't put me on a list to work with because I just don't work that hard. Someday, the overall size will be there, but just seeing me install a system would be a scheduling nightmare. And I stay on top of the repair work well enough you would have to just get lucky to see anything worth watching.

9. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I would like to hang out with guys like Dana and RI Ohio who have helped me out when I ask on the private messages and have companies that I would like mine to be like in a couple years...

Jerry also always seems to have the correct answer to everything so I'd like to spend some time seeing how he does things...

what happened to guys like Hbfoxx and greenworld?

10. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Yanno, I don't know that I would want to go to work with any of you folks. I don't mean that in a bad way. When the time comes it's time to relax.

But I would sure as hell enjoy spending some time around a table with a bunch of you and swap stories and lies, and drink a few beers or sodas or even a pot of coffee. I enjoy spending time with other irrigators on a neutral ground. I learn a lot just jawin', even with the competition. So let's clean the blue glue off our fingers, the mud off our boots, wash under our arms, and slick back our hair and have a session. I'll buy the first round.

Maybe we should plan a trip to the IA show. I think the next one is in San Antonio. But very shortly I will be leaving South Texas and heading north to Wisconsin, so I would have to travel also. Too good an offer to pass up and got a good price for the customer list here, so off I go.