1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

whoa! lake effect

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by OBRYANMAINT, Feb 17, 2001.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

akron ohio....7:30 am sat....super light dusting....not even enough to squeak out a salting.........30 min later white out and one inch on the ground.........30 minutes later 1.5 inches has fallen......then the skies open up and could be mistaken for a summer day if it were not for the wind chill..........

we only get these 5 or 6 times a year.....gotta give allin credit yes he gets the snow but at what expense,always being on edge? probably worth it in the long run but boy you really need to hustle to be timely w/ these kind of snows
    i finished an otherwise 3 hour salt route by ten and it feels like a whole day has passed

2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Take it while you can.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i will and enjoy it thanks
  4. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

Ice here in CT this morning; I wish I had my salter this year!!
  5. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

You should have called me,I would have let you use one of ours.Didn't get below freezing last night.
    Oh well ...I actually saved money :D
  6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

6am this morning, only icy areas were in the shadows; any paved treated areas that are usually in the sun were dry but the silhouette of buildings trees etc were iced over.
  7. plowguy06

plowguy06 LawnSite Member

we hardly have any snow here either, just a light dusting.
  8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Another dusting here Sunday morning. Just enough to salt everything that's open.