Whoah! Your administrator needs a JOB!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Administrator, May 7, 2001.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Hey guys....

Well it looks like your good old administrator needs to go get a job. I am going through a divorce and my attorney advised me to go get a 40 hour a week job because my internet work does not look good enough to the custody people and judge.

I sold my lawn company back in Aug. 99 and have hardly worked a hard day since.

But, I ran a solid company for just over 6 years. I can run a crew and any piece of equipment out there. I can also work 12 hour days without bitching about it. I can also handle the customer relation side, and the estimating.

Im looking to work 5 days a week.. 12 hour shifts are fine by me. I just need 2 days a week off for my Son.

I expect clean trucks, nice equipment and quality accounts. I would also expect a crew of 2 solid responsible guys. ( if thats possible ) I would also like to see good bonuses, possible profit sharing, insurance benefits if I choose.

I would also like to see my own company truck to take home and hold responsibility over.

So, what are you guys paying qualified labor these days?

Am I asking to much? What should I look for in an employer?

Anyone in the Kansas City area interested?

Chuck Keough

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

If we don't get some rain I'll be asking too Chuck. Sorry to hear about the big D thing, hope it ain't too messy. I wish I was big enough to give you all that and more, but until I get that license Stone keeps harping at me about I'm gonna have to solo a bit longer.............I will keep you in mind although Alabama might be a little too far to commute.

3. Administrator

If it were not for my Son I would take a job in Alabama, Florida or somewhere nice. :)

4. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

Hey Chuck, I might be able to help out. I need someone to help out on the mowing end with me while the wife is doing chem apps and work with her while I am at the fire station. I have some accounts over on the MO side, the rest in Johnson county. I have both comerical and residential. I have good equipment and could keep you busy for 30-40 hours a week. You can e-mail if interested. Good luck.

5. The lawn license is very easy. There are only so many issues with turf.

You should have an electric spreader on that chopper spread insecticide for those fire ants or whatever nasty bugs you have down south.

Trees and shrubs on the other hand require a little book learning.

First you have to identify the dam plant. Then you have to identify the bug. Then you have to find a remedy (if available some issues are terminal).

For every species of tree or shrub there is a specific bug that eats that plant.

I have a tree and shrub license but use it very little.
    I don't want to subject my self to any future heath issues that might happen form the spraying of insecticides.

[Edited by lawrence stone on 05-07-2001 at 08:48 PM]

6. Administrator

Turf Cutters:

I would really like to have my own crew. If im gonna work I want to be in charge of some guys. To me, thats what makes the position so great.

I would also like to see 40 to 60 hours a week. If im gonna get up in the morning I want to make it a full day. hahaha

So, what do you guys that have positions like this pay your crew leaders/managers ?

Lets see your input.

Chuck Keough

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

you dont need a job, just get a decent lawyer (not We the People lol) who will portray the soon to be ex as a psycho, then the kids are yours.

Too bad you dont live closer to the east coast, I have a lawyer who can get you custody AND have the missus pay YOU alimony and support and you wont need no stinkin job...

8. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

Chuck, I know what you mean about running your own crew but we are a small company right now. I would like to get bigger but can't find dependable help. We are almost over extended with just two of us working. We do put in long hours. When I can get help they only want 8 hours. Good luck, but keep me in mind if you can't find work.

9. Administrator

Bill

I can't imagine taking my son from his mom.. she might be psycho but she is one hell of a good mom.

I just don't want to take any chances.... and, to tell you the truth I would like to work with a solid company.

Im only 25 and im catching myself getting lazy. I used to have a nice tan, tone body.. now im the mighty whitey, and have 3 permanent red marks on my belly from where the rolls come together from sitting on my ass all day long. ( now, im not fat )

Chuck

10. I ran a 52" Toro gear drive all day today with a two-wheel stand on sulky.

Standing is the only way to go to keep you in shape. Where I live there are slopes and you do get to do a little walking.

Plus you get the benefits of a great set of forearms from wrestling the machine all day.