Wholesale Landscaping Shrubs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GARRETTWOOD, Jan 20, 2006.

1. GARRETTWOOD

GARRETTWOOD LawnSite Senior Member

I'am looking for shrub suppliers at wholesale prices. We are located in Honesdale PA . Will pick up or pay for delivery

2. maintenanceguy

maintenanceguy LawnSite Member
    from NJ

There are lots of whole nurseries around who will give you wholesale prices. Since plants have to be inspected before they can be transported out of state, your state's Dept. of Agriculture probably has a directlry of wholesale nurseries. My parents have a wholesale nursery in NJ and they operate just like all the other wholesalers.

All you have to do to get the wholesale price is shop the way the retailers do. Pre-Order several months ahead and purchase by the truckload. most orders are between 1000 and 5,000 shrubs with a minimum quantity of 100 pieces per variety. That's pretty standard. When I worked for my parents, we would load several tractor trailers every day. A full size trailer can hold around 3000 2-3' shrubs in 10" pots if you stack the pots 5 high.

If you're looking for 15 or 20 plants, or even 100, you will likely have to buy them retail. Even if you find a "Wholesale to the public" place that sells small quantities, it's most likely just a marketing gimick.