1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wholesale mulch supplier for NW Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by T.Black, Jul 17, 2007.

1. T.Black

T.Black LawnSite Member

I am thinking of starting a landscape supply company and need some help. Can anyone help put me in touch with a wholesale distributor in or around the Erie, PA area? I am directly between the Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo areas. Hope some one can help with this.
  2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a hard one, i guess the way i got all my numbers of wholesalers was by seeing the trucks on the highway and writing the number down. keep your eye out for the live bottom trailers on the highway then Chase them. i got a good number for my stone supplier by waiting down the street for them to drop a load at the local supply company.
  4. T.Black

T.Black LawnSite Member

I have contacted Bob Beck Garden Supplies, and they are pretty far away from me. The price I was quoted for him to supply me is only a couple of dollars cheaper then what I pay now getting it from a retailer here. Thanks for the help though. I hope some one might have a contact yet.
  5. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

6. mowingguy

mowingguy Guest

T. Black there is at least one north of Butler who could help you. There is also Wood Waste Recycling out of Burgettstown. He might be further away but he is a good man. -SL
  7. mowingguy

mowingguy Guest

S&S supply out of the Butler area is also a good start. -SL