1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wholesale nurseries in Central Illinois

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MowingisMaddness, Jan 14, 2005.

1. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

Since the question about wholesale nurseries in Missouri went so well, I thought I would ask too.

Does anyone know of wholesale nurseries in Central Illinois? Springfield area… My main supplier last year was Home Nursery (www.homenursery.com). Some of their stock was so so at times.

The region I would be interested for wholesale nurseries would span from the St. Louis area, North to Peoria, East to Champaign, and South to Effingham… Chicagoland would be to far…

Thanks, aj
  2. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

anyone, anyone
  3. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

i would check in to yadkin valley nursery. they are oout of you area but they will deliver. a very nice selection of ornamential shrubs and trees. lots of which you wont find anywhere else. 336 463 2181 talk to rob
  4. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

Jerrry's just east of STL in Breese IL.

Always had great luck and their ppl are very knowledgeable.
    They are just a little off I64.

Hope this helps

5. RHayden

RHayden LawnSite Member

try the following:

Bork Nursery in Onarga
    Waldbart Nursery in Dorsey
    Wolke Nursery in Sigel

They would all be a little closer to you than Edwardsville.
  6. kenslandscaping

kenslandscaping LawnSite Member

give Owen Nursery in Bloomington a try. Tons of stock, one of the largest I have seen even here in the chicago area. I buy lots of my stock from there.