Wholesale Nurseries in Missouri ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sc8per_7, Jan 13, 2005.

1. sc8per_7

sc8per_7 LawnSite Member

Good Day,

I'm looking at adding a small Nursery on my property for stock only.
    I'm looking for a Wholesale Distributor, that might have a large selection to choose from, I have spoken to the wholesale nursery that I usually purchase from, but they only want to give me a 6% discount for bulk purchase.

If you can help with any info, I'm willing to travel to get stock..
    Thanks for any help, God Bless..

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey there...i'm from Joplin. Try Moncriefs in Riverton, KS (may be Baxter Springs) they sell wholesale. Or try Botany Shop in Joplin. Hope this helped!

3. Cracker

Cracker LawnSite Member
    from KS

Greenleaf Nursery in Park Hill, OK. wholesale only. You can download their inventory online.

4. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

try Rost Landscaping in Columbia Mo 573-445-4465. Talk to Toby. They have an excelent selection with great wholesale prices, and are always willing to work with you on pricing for large orders. Its about a 3 hour drive from Springfield. Feel free to tell them I recomended you.

Dennis Forbes

5. I get flyers from one called Forrest Keeling Nursery , says they are in Elsberry, Mo. web site is WWW.fknursery.com might be worth taking a look.

good luck

6. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Hey there
    I also use Rost Landscaping in columbia, They are so easy to deal with, I know it is a haul for you but..... by the way it is 3.5hrs or maybe a little more from your area. I do quite a bit of business with them too and I am a perfered contractor with them for lawn care.

Good luck,

Have a prosperous Year!!!!! :blob3:

7. sc8per_7

sc8per_7 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info, I will look into the one in Columbia. Has anyone use the John Deere Landscape?? They have one in Springfield, I'm going to visit next week, but just wondering how they were to work with?

Good Day,God Bless.

8. sc8per_7

sc8per_7 LawnSite Member

Cracker,
    Do you have an email address for Greenleaf Nursery?? I can't seem to find them on the net.

Thanks, God Bless. :waving:

9. Cracker

Cracker LawnSite Member
    from KS

10. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

yadkinvalley nursey. they are in nc but i know they will go that far. they have alot of shrubs that you cant get from joe blows nursery.