Whom do you perfer selling the job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Sep 13, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

When you sell a maintenance contract or a renovation or install, whom do you prefer to deal with, the husband or the wife?

Whom would you prefer, putting your salesmanship techniques to work selling a contract or job, a woman or a man?

This question can apply to commercial jobs as well; we deal with more and more women bidding commercial jobs.
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I personally find males easier to deal with. Women (at least for me) always try to get everything for as cheap as possible, always trying to talk me down in price!! Just my 2 cents!
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm pretty comfortable with either Bill...then again, I was once a saleman, sales manager, and later the Director of Training for Hertz Equipment for many years. I have no idea how may sales training seminars I gave in 17 years.
  4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw a some study results in an advertising and also a marketing class once, the gist of It was that women make most of the home (inside and outside) improvement decisions, the study was done by or for Home Depot. I guess I prefer the women, for the most part they seem to have more expensive tastes and on most, not all but most services/materials the more expensive the more profit.
  5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Let me pose this question, on a consultation with the potential customer, whom do you find to be easier to up sell a profitable project, to a very profitable project.

A woman or a man?
  6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I prefer the one who is more knowledgeable about the subject.
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

females. easier on the eyes, better attitude
  8. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I don't notice any difference. Some times either is a pain or a cheapskate.

What I don't like is when I have to deal with both and they are not in agreement. Especially when one wants to pay me to do it and the other thinks they should do it themselves.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

A man Bill, only cause they will ask more questions. You get more from listening than you do from talking IMO.
  10. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

the wife if she is really hot... especially if the husband is always traveling.

women you can usually make them believe anything and they like to spend that $$$. besides, the men usually say they dont give a ****... just whatever makes their wife happy. if shes happy... theyre happy. :p