Whoo hoo...500 flyers passed out in 2 hours.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by justmjc, Mar 10, 2004.

1. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

Driving paper box to paper box of course.... Noticed a lot of litter on the ground from other fellow companies, so I decided to clean up the area a bit, so I collected a few of them. I'm a little excited because mine is probably 1000% prettier than the competition so far. I just hope that it sells.

Anyways, here's my gameplan. I'm passing out about 1000-1500 full color flyers to the same subs. Since the weather is about mid 40's here, I'm not expecting too much just yet. I just want to get the name out. However, I can afford to send out 3-4 times to the same people over the course of a month, as the weather warms up. Hopefully, seeing my flyer over and over again will spark some business shortly.

Doesn't repeating the flyer delivery to the same locations, bring higher response ratios vs. just getting 1 flyer out to a new paperbox each time I deliver? I thought I heard better success with that method.
  2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

yes, but one thing you may want to watch out for is giving them too many! It may seem like you are bothering them to a point if they see the same one each week for a month. Just don't want toleave a bad taste in their mouth is all. I'd say no more than 1 every 2 weeks. Good luck with them!
  3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I agree with twins...if someone put a flyer in my box 4 times a month I would get pi**ed off! Just hit 'em each twice!
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Justmjc,

That sounds like a great game plan. Good luck to you! Let us know the results!
  5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

We watch the same ads on tv everynight. Probably see them 50 or 100 times.
    Do a test market and hit that area once every week for 6 weeks.
  6. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Why not mail them, I see so many landscapers in here complaining about why people dont respect them, or why do plumber, doctors and other proffesionals get more respect.

Well heres a good reason why,

I would never go to a dentist that put a flyer in my paper box or in a bag with a rock in it on my driveway.

Just my feelings on this I m sure it will piss some off you off
  7. jajwrigh

I don't think any of us are going to get pissed off! Its your opinion and not really that big of a deal. One of the nice things about this site is the exposure we get to so many points of view. I appreciate your input!
  8. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

4 times in a month and I would call....only to tell you I am breaking out my shotgun if I see you near my mailbox again. I do believe in targeting the same customers but switch it up and spread it out over a couple months...maybe doorhanger, then flyer then mailer or some mix.
  9. jajwrigh

I would be standing right next to ksland with my shotty too!
  10. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

They can move to china if they dont like it.
    Are americans really that lazy that they get pissed putting a flyer in the trash.