Whooo I passed my NJ pesticide exams...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mexiking, Sep 28, 2006.

1. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I was nervous on the exams to get my pesticide license... I studied a lot for like a month the core and the 3b. The 3b used to be open book but now its closed book, I thought the tests would be harder but if you study they're a piece of cake, plus the last 10 questions you just have to read from a printed label and get the answers.

-Jess

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Good deal!

3. ALL Around Xteriors

ALL Around Xteriors LawnSite Member

Congratulations. I'm glad to here that it wasnt to hard.. i was wondering if it was hard. Do you need the pest license to spread fert and weed and feed?

4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Great , good to hear you got your're license. In Illinois it pretty easy as well. I just do not understand, why so many are resistant to becoming legal. Becoming legal opens up whole new worlds.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I think the answer to your question is that a whole new world is something the guys that like to stay illegal don't care about. There happy to make a little beer money and mow a couple lawns and fool themselves into thinking they own a business. A whole new world would show them for what they really are, and that would put an end to their fantasy

6. mexiking

from NJ

you don't need a license if it's just fertilizers, but if it has weed and feed you do need a license.

7. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I'm pretty sure you need the license even if its just fert's. If your transporting ferts for a job you need a dep # on the truck and you need a pest license to get the number on the truck.

8. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

In NJ you need a license to put down anything...and you must also have pesticide insurance.

9. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats!
    What are your plans?

10. mexiking

from NJ

No sirs... You do not need a license to put down fertilizers, they're not pesticides and therefore you don't need a license for just fertilizers. It says so in the manual and I also spoke to a DEP official who told me this.