1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yardman1, May 8, 2003.

1. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

This morning bright and early I was at my parents mowing there yard and the one across the street and I was in the back doing some trimming with the weedeater and all of a sudden I heard this loud bang, quess what I did, I busted a piece of 5'x9' window:cry: That started my day off to be a fun filled day. Anyway thank god for insurance.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that reminds me of my first commerical account...rock went flying into the window, but the embarassing them is I didn't realize it until the guy came out and told me.
  3. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

One day last year I was working a a customers house and and demoing an exmark z from a local dealer. Far out in the back yard I hit a golf ball, that sucker flew a good 300 ft thru my [open] drivers side window and then thru my pasenger window [shut] and then broke the mirror as well......talk about pissed off!
  4. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Last season i was wead eating when i heard a loud crash.I picked up a rock which broke the maids driver side window.She said ,"what happened"? I said I do not know but there was a group of kids walking up the street.......blamed them for it.:p
  5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

U luky only 1 window and a mirror was broke instead of 2
  6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Same thing happened to me. pea gravel. shindawi threw rock into double pained door. Customer away on vacation, burglar alarm went off. Cops came, understood. Luckly the inner glass stayed intact. It
    cost 375. to replace. Tempered tinted glass. the owner said it was an accident, not to worry about it. I insisted on taking care of it.
    deductable is 500. gave him 2 free cuts to make up for damage.
    got a contract with him last week to mow his yard year round once a week for 175.
    customer satifaction and honesty at work!
  7. jbrink01

jbrink01 LawnSite Member

Anybody that mows without insurance needs to read these....Why would anybody go without to save a few hundred $ a year?
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

No kidding, that few hundred will be well spent with just one claim.
  9. jbrink01

jbrink01 LawnSite Member

DLCS -
    AMEN! My insurance guy was by the house last night to pick up the check for this year. $368.00, which equates to about 6 hours of mowing for $750,000 in liability (Just me, a trailer and 3 mowers + covers anybody I use to help through the summer)
  10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

You guys filing $300 insurance claims need to get the facts. You're going to pay much more in premiums over your life if you file claims like this, than you save. They MIGHT give you one freebie, but you'll probably get canceled or your rates raised if you make small claims like this. Save it for the big losses.