1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who's Cutting and where??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckylawnboy, Mar 20, 2001.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering where the grow line is. The grass here in Mid IN is just starting to turn green, but no where near ready to mow. Well send us some hope that better days are coming. post some pics

March 20 2001
  2. BobbyBcuttin

BobbyBcuttin LawnSite Member

I have yards that are ready for there first mowing all cleanups are done first apps have been done now i have to get home and get to work.all yea southern indiana right on the river
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We still have snow on the north sides of buildings. :mad:

Last year things were all green here by now and we could of started mowing the last week in March. I am waiting for all the frost to get out of the ground and the ground to dry up a bit so I can start aerating and dethatching. I'm normally done with that by now. :(

I figure the soonest we will mow here is mid April, if we are lucky and it warms up.
  4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I been cutting here in South Carolina for the past 2 weeks. Had a great day yesterday. The rained moved in today though.
  5. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

Cut mine 3 times already! Didn't cut off much though,cleaned up some leaves that blew in. Wanted to mow reeeeeaaaal bad :)
  6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

My front yard (south side of house) is lush and green but the north side is still covered in snow lol.

Rain and snow expected tomorrow night so maybe first week of april I can start cleanups and fert/pre m apps.
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The grass here in MD is real green where I live and growing slowly. I figure the week after next I'll be cutting grass. I have been over my lawn with my new Chopper twice already though. It cuts the grass real nice but the stripes are too big for this size lawn.
  8. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

i cut two lawns today in st.louis but didnt bother edging
  9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

year round .....weekly April thru Oct ....every 14 days Nov thru March
  10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I would be cutting more if not for the dry conditions we have been having. It did rain yesterday so it should start to pick up, hopefully.