whos falt is this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 15, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

mowing a customers property this evening.......he was in the back yard, bbquing chicken. i came around the corner of the house, blowing off the walkway, redmax going full blast, as i turn the corner...oops, blew grass and dirt all over his chicken. he got mad, "what are you doing? can't you watch what you are doing?" i said, "yo, i got a piece of equipment going full blast, and headphones on. didn't you hear me comming? you should have put the top down on the grill. now get outta my way, i got chit to do." some people got nerve. what would you have said?

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

well if you ant going to eat it i will thank you

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

You said you were ther in the evening correct? Then you are wrong you shouldn't be there late in the evenings when clients are home trying to relax.
    I'd say if it was past 5:30 or so and it wasn't your usual toime to service i'd definitely say it's your fault

4. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

Who cares whos fault it is...if thats actually what you said to him I hope they get a new company.

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

yea, like there is nothing else i'd rather be doing at 7 pm. i sure hope the lord can forgive me ;)

6. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I think you already know but let me take a stab at it. You are. You are the operator so you are responsible. You have not only the knowledge of the equipment, but the understanding of it's misuse. He's simply an inocent, chicken toting, bbq sauce painting, grill tending american. What's he know about blowers?

Though, I can't say that my response (at least initially) would have been any different then yours. I might have said something like, "Hey, what do use Masterpiece? I would'nt serve that stuff to a farmers pigs. Dude, you gotta switch brands! You're lucky I saved you before you ate it!"

7. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Did you really say that to him?

8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Bobby you have more issues than my ex girlfriend.

Do you ever just have a normal day? :)

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

one time i did, then it got screwed up

10. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

No he doesn't..I thinkhe spends his day's thinking about some BULL SH$$ to put on here that has nothing to do with being a profesinol!Just my PO! :waving: