Who's from CA

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TruGreenDedLawn, Aug 14, 2001.

1. TruGreenDedLawn

TruGreenDedLawn Banned

Im new and I wanted to know who on here is from my part of town

Beverly Hill, CA.
    Or even LA

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

oh no!!!:eek:

3. i'M NOT FROM CA.

PLEASE DON'T KILL OUR LAWNS

LGF:blob1:

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry the farthest west I've ever been is Iowa. But I do like your screen name. I'm sure Stone will enjoy it as well as he refers to Them as the fellas in the big yellow urea truck.

5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Click on <b>Members</b> at the top of the screen...
    From there click on <b>advanced search</b>

Within the field <i><b>"and location contains"</b></i> type in your inquiry for the area you are searching for.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

man, people are coming up with more and more creative names by the day. sorry, i live on the opposite side of the country though.

7. coldlake

coldlake LawnSite Member

From what I read, not very many landscapers are from California, I
    guess not many CA gardeners use the internet. You may have noticed that the problems of easterners are quite different from CA. ie: snow, mowing only part of the year, leaves only during certain parts of the year instead of year around. In Sacramento, the city of trees(or so theyu claim) it is a year around battle with leaves, lawns of course grow 12 months. I use because of urban traffic an Isuzu NPR HD cab over, and dont use a trailer. It is a lot easier to get around downtown. Competition is fierce, cheapest price, do it FAST, SLOPPY, AND GET OUT! nO ONE WANTS A GOOD job. At the average stop light, you will find at least 4 - 6 landscape trucks. One the average street while stopped to do lawns, same 3 - 4 or more gardeners.

8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Isn't California supposed to fall into the Pacific here soon anyway??

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

that would solve some of the drug trafficing and illegal immigration problems.

10. Allyn

Allyn LawnSite Member

I live in LV and it is not much different. However I have been finding that reliably is a problem here. The lawn cutting is the same, it is not rock science. However there is a big difference in the sprinklers repairs and installs. The installs here suck. Talk about cheap, just to get the job done. Then have someone else a year later fix the problems.

Alot of the workers don't speak english or say they don't. So the home owners can't talk to the people.

On the flip side, I was talking to a lady today. I figure that I would be there for about 40 minutes. Lots of little trees and tight areas. Then she complaned that the guy was undependable.

Her husband calls and makes an appointment for this morning. I go but he is not there. Had to do errands. So I talk to her again. They do have money, but do demanding. I don't think it is worth it. She likes the forest look and wants me to cut every other week.

Not sure what I will do.

Allyn