Who's gettin' the itch?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Feb 25, 2008.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

It seems winter has been here forever, we had a crappy winter to say the least so plowing wasn't whats its been in years past. Started today checking out advertising prices etc. One nice thing is no major quipment needed for a change. We are looking into a Lesco bed edger, our Brown is just too big and bulky for 90% of the places we use it. We started out on a bad note though, we plow a new condo complex and they loved our plowing and asked us to put a bid in for lawn care/ landscaping etc. our price was just under the company who is doing it now so I thought for sure we would get it. But after the board met they decided to stick with this company one more year because he got the place looking decent again (which he did) so hopefully next year. Next couple of weeks pulling out the equipment to change oil and clean off the winter dust, gutting the trailer, cleaning that up and hopefully an early spring. Let the fun begin,lol.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

winter has been dissapointing but im not complaining. 3 billable events, could be worse could have been 0. we were planning on getting the equip out to do some clean-ups but then we got the snow. I'm thinking maybe this week cleaning up the garage and taking out the equipment to clean it all up.

3. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

Snow? Plowing? What is this of which you speak?

4. Raven386

from CT

white gold......

5. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have been o.k with the plowing this year because I have all pre-paid unlimited trip contracts.Plowing less means more pocket money.

HOWEVER, I have been taking care of my 3 year old all winter and I will be happy when we can put the Chutes and Ladder game up for the summer!!!

Yup I've got the itch!!

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Its been a rare thing this year. Usually we get anywhere from 90"-120" but this year I think we're only at 60 some inches. Tomorrow they are calling anywhere from 6-12 inches. We have about 1 1/2 months left of potential snow left. Just a wierd winter, getting pounded with several inches in a storm to nothing for weeks and temps in the 40's and 50's then 14"of snow the next day.

7. Raven386

from CT

accu-guess is saying rain/sleet/snow mix for us in the next 15 days.

8. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

Getting the itch here. It was 35 here yesterday so I was out working on my new trailer.

Unfortunatly, we still have about 15 inches on the ground and they are calling for 5-8 tonite.

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Everybody here is already plastering flyers in all the neighborhoods. I am about to start this week. I am targeting neighborhoods in which we already cut groups in. I am going to offer a discount in these neighborhoods. Heck somebody left a flyer on my mailbox that said $20 cuts on all lawns. Come on now give me a break.

10. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

that must be the same guy that worked in my neighborhood last year. man, that guy really gets around!:laugh: