1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whos getting hit by the drought in the south

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Southern Signature, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

I don't know about any of you guys from Georgia but, right now the drought is killing us. We have had to cancel lots of fall flower orders, customers aren't wanted much new landscape because we have told them we can't promise there new plants will stay alive. Our irrigation side on installs have slowed down, so has our service. I was just curious who is getting hit by this drought here in the south. If other guys in the south could read this and let me know how this drought is affecting them that would be great, please let me know.:waving:

"Work Smarter, Not Harder"
  2. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Its been pretty hard over here
    Only thing keeping me going has been picking up accounts from other LCOs as they drop out
    I was talking to my neighbor who retired(20+) from the industry he says this has been the worst year he has ever seen
  3. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

for awhile it was pretty nastey here, but now I can't get caught up for the rain. It rained last Thur and Fri, clear Sat and Sun and now it going to rain Mon - Wed. Guess mowing season won't be over as soon as I thought.
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Its raining today in Metro Atlanta!
  5. dwlah

from Argo Al

Its been raining just enough to make me take the day off
    Its suposed to continue thru W-Th
  6. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

the drought is bad here in middle tennessee. its probably not as bad as in georgia. its also raining today so i hope that turns things around...
  7. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

All of my fall seasonal color jobs got put on hold and I'm now having to consider a 2nd part time job for the winter.This really stinks !
  8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

We were in a bad drought until about the end of July and then it started raining finally but the drought had already hurt me badly. We got a flood Thurdsday night and it rained this morning. Wished I could send you some.
  9. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

well we are still 27'' behind,but for 2 days it has been a very good slow rain and the grass is getting green and the leafs are falling.
  10. dwlah

from Argo Al

Amen:) :) :)