whos getting lake effect?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by dnc19694339, Apr 2, 2013.

1. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

We got 5 inches of snow last night and this morning and it is still coming down. last year we were 3 weeks in to our season now!

is this throwing a wrench in any one else spring plans?

We probly wont me mowing till May at this rate.

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Some snow falling now. Same was cutting for 3 wks last yr at this time.

3. Snydermf

Snydermf LawnSite Member

Got about an inch and half last night and this morning, last year I started mowing this week, hoping to start in 2-3 weeks this year... It was a much better plow season than last year though....

4. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah, I remember the lake effect experience when I spent a couple of winters in Rome, NY during the early 90's. People that have never lived in an area that gets this type of localized heavy snow just can't understand how you can go to bed with a little snow on the ground and wake up with a foot or more.

I don't miss it other than the snowmobiling. Our local weather guy did say last night that this March was the 6th coldest on record.

5. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

no snow here in the south but its been raining 3+ days a week and cold fronts seem to never stop coming. had already done 3-4 mowing by this time last year.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

No snow no rain we are irrigating and mowing away.

7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

No snow here, suppose to be in the 50s rest of the week. I was almost done with clean ups at this time last year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 20/20

20/20 LawnSite Member

5-6" and it's still comming down. Personally I don't care about the snow but this below 20degree F then add in the dang windchill and I'm just flat out PO'ed

9. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Flurries off and on last night... just a dusting though. More flurries today amounting to nothing more than a dusting... Lake Champlain is a BEAST!!!!!

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

That pond?:laugh: