whos getting rained out daily?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Apr 24, 2011.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i'm close. got rained out tuesday, wednesday, friday, and saturday. also there is a chance of rain everyday this week. my yards are gonna be 2 feet high by the time i get them done. anyone else feeling my pain?

2. LGL

LGL LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that bud, think your region has been getting the gist of the storms lately, by the time it could get to us here in North Fla, its gone, but our everyday afternoon storms are coming very soon.

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

o ya same thing here! i have one lawn where its almost a lake. its just wont stop raining.

4. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

So how are you guys handeling this. this also goes into billing issues, What is there going to be to bill for april. Do you cut and just make mud marks or what?

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

We cut rain or shine...can't get behind schedule...

6. ARIENSNUT

ARIENSNUT LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I wish, we have had around 1 inch since december. Im about to go broke.!

7. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Some guys dont mow in the rain. Some do. When it is heavy rain for me no. But nothing worse than getting behind. Or having to listen to a customer call and ask when you will be over to cut.It can stress you out. When you do catch up the grass is twice as long and will take longer to cut and trim ect. This year I am carrying a rain suit in my truck. When it rains I just cut, trim and go. No blow or edge.

8. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

that is a really good question. im probably gonna get scremed at like i did last year. This is a 2 acer lawn and i cut it with a 52'' stand on. So it takes me one hour to just cut it under normal conditions. last year this same thing happend, it rained for two weeks before i could cut it. I needed help so i had another buddy use my 48'' lesco wb and together it took us 8 hours to get the lawn under control. needles to say the customer was not happy with the price so we settled for $200. this year i might demo a 72'' tiger when i mow it.

most of the lawns i have now are not that bad. we need one good clear day and i can cut it. but not this one.

shaffer stripes.jpeg

9. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

how did 2 acres take 2 people 8 hours?

we totally soaked here also. i have some yards that are under water right now. only got 1 day of mowing in last week and this week aint looking much better.

to the guy that said he mows rain or shine, i'll bet your lawns look real good right now.

10. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

explain how you mow in a thunderstorm?