Who's Going to Join Me in the Caribben w/ Rain Bird?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Jim has the same enthusiasm level for RB that i do for RM remotes. Gotta like that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Expert with Rainbird products? Maybe you can educate me on how installing Rainbird is any different than any other brand. Rainbird has it's place, but isn't always the best option. The "ESP" controller is much harder for home owners to program than Hunter Pro-C. The risers are much harder to adjust than a Hunter Pro-Spray. Most of the time you end up turning the spray body on the threads before the riser will adjust.

Don't get me wrong I like Rainbird on large resi installs, as the controller has a few more programming options. It just rubs me wrong when people exclusively use one product because that is all they are comfortable with (thats what it really comes down to).

Expert Rainbird installer---... gag me. You hit a sore spot with me because there is a "used car salesman" type in my area that shoves Rainbird down peoples throat. I am a "Select Contractor" also, but you wont see me labeling my company with anything other my my company name.

And the "Smart Controller" sucks unless you program controllers for a living, and tell the home owner not to touch anything.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

say, would it be off-topic to note that the title of the thread has a spelling error? :p

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

It's the celebratory, lube me up for a cruise mai Tai talking. You ever ben to the Carriben?

6. Mitch is alright i guess. He didn't follow through for me on getting my name listed on the rb site as a supplier of mc cables so ill give him a h8 as a rep.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I remember spending a few weeks, without any outside assistance, on trying to recreate a mai tai - almost nailed it

8. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

I see the opposite

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto. I find, and my customers find, that the ESPs are easier.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Yea ..... like it is so difficult to actually learn your job instead of blindly stumbling through it. :dizzy:

Probably because like most HO's and irrigators, they don't have a clue how to properly water a landscape, so they just water the shiit out of it and all is good. :rolleyes: