Who's gonna catch 30,000???

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

As of right now, we are at 29,800 members here at LawnSite.

Whichever member captures the screen when we reach 30,000 and posts it first on the site in this thread will receive a LawnSite t-shirt and mousepad, as well as a Marketing & Advertising Success Manual valued at $37.95.

Good Luck!

2. vharrison2

vharrison2 LawnSite Member

How close are you to 30,000

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

29,800 when I posted...happening fast though...

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

29,810 now...

It'll be in the early morning, that's when the spammers sign up.

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

6. jpp

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Now I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe I remember Chuck telling me a long long time ago, when the forum was still in it's infancy.... he started to "purge" some of the members that weren't active for awhile. He soon found out that to be a big mistake, as he soon realized that even though those members may have been inactive for awhile, they eventually appeared and wanted to know what happened to their screen name.
    It's simply amazing this forum. We have members that check in here faithfully everyday, some that are so busy that can only check in once a week, but then there are others that pop in every few months. I think what makes this forum unique is the wide range of posters that we have. There is always someone new posting, someone old posting, so much variety to choose from when reading this site. It's never the same 15 posters answering all the threads like I have seen at other forums.
    So the member count is now at 29,812, we can't get back those few hundred that Chuck deleted. Of course we can't fault Chuck for that, I doubt anyone could have predicted how big and poplular lawnsite.com would become.

8. jpp

Ok you click on the new member and his member number is different. So that causes a conflict. No matter what the number above him says when you click on his name is 30,??? I cannot remember it. So how will the winner be choosen. I am not trying to be a pain in the butt or cause a problem. When you enter the members name Ok you say we are at 29,812. Click on his name or do a profile look up on him and is number is higher than that. Hope that clarifys what I meant to say.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

At the bottom of the page, you capture the screen shot when the member total turns to 30,000. Just like I did right now when it's 29,812.
    Watch for it at the bottom of the page.

on edit: Hopefully someone captures a better shot than I just did. I just cropped it off small to show where the member total is located.

printscreen.jpg

10. jpp

I understand that. This is what Sean wants:

"As of right now, we are at 29,800 members here at LawnSite.

Whichever member captures the screen when we reach 30,000 and posts it first on the site in this thread will receive a LawnSite t-shirt and mousepad, as well as a Marketing & Advertising Success Manual valued at $37.95.

Good Luck!"

Ok now when whoever catches the 30,000 member and posts his screenname. You will get a different number for that member unless you guys can tell some other way as ti what number he really is.

Ok never mind I understand what you guys want now. You want a copy of of the name and number. Sorry.