who's gonna give it a shot tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcgreenspro, Jun 26, 2006.

1. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

the great northeast is getting pounded by some much deserved rain, is anybody gonna try cutting tomorrow?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Depends what this looks like tomorrow (yes it changes):

[​IMG]

3. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im going for it in connecticut .. with the chance of more rain wednesday and maybe thursday i have to get out there as much as possible or some people will be having long grass for cookouts this weekend.

4. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna try. I got rained out today for the first part of the day then never did get started after it cleared up even though I should have.. Hopefully it would hold off down here in NC!

5. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

got started about 8:00 started raining about 2:00, 3/4 of the way threw my monday schedule. It started raining when I was half threw my biggest account of the day......here comes the wife of the residence wearing a raincoat w/ umbrella in hand she starts flaring her arms up and down to get my attention....so I stop get off mower walk over to her...she says can you finish tommorow when its not raining.I started to respond and here comes the husband in his suv driving across the yard, he pulls up and says sorry my wife is bothering you......get in honey........she gets in.........he rolls the window up...........45 seconds go..........he rolls the window..........you've been doing a great job this year......I'll give you a 50.00 tip......sorry to stop your progress especially in these conditions.............rolls window up pulls away..........I finish the account load mowers up get in truck...and theres a
    fifty dollar bill on my seat....:cool2: :cool2:

6. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

that might be the coolest thing i have ever heard a client doing for someone. Nice

7. smcunningham

yup gonna mow tommorrow

8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

i left a 5gallon bucket in the back of my truck and we had 6.5" in it.........northern VA @ Dulles Airport

9. smcunningham

cessnasovereign, where in pa you from

10. smcunningham

I mean dcgreenpro where in pa you from