Who's got the new Redmax eb8000?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Aug 9, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

There has been alot of talk about these blowers and now there available? Anyone have one yet, any opinions etc?

2. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

CharlieBingo

I dont have one yet but I will soon. I have two EB7001's and they are great.
    Where in Rockland do you operate out of?

3. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

i saw one at my ferris dealer when i went to pick up my new mower, i almost brought it home but i kinda cheaped out.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You mean like this????

I got it about 2 weeks ago.

8000blower2.jpg

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Hoss, does it kick butt like the hype sez??? If you've ever used a br420 Stihl, let me know the diff... I wait with baited breath..LOL

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I own a Stihl BR400, Redmax 7001, just sold a Redmax 7000 and now have the Redmax 8000.

1 Redmax 7000 will do the work of 2 Stihl blowers.
    The 7001 is a good bit stronger than the 7000.
    The 8000...well its one BAD DUDE!.

7. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive got a br 420 for sale......It's not even 4 months old....

8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

How Much Power compared to the 70001...Is it Significant.

I have one on Order....They Haven't Crossed the Border Yet.....Soon!!!!!

9. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

Just bought an 8000. Just demo'd in the parking lot of the dealer and haven't used yet. I also tried the 7001 as he had a dozen or so of those and he reduced the price to $419.00 to liquidate some. Noticed a difference in my limited time running both. Also noticed that while it appears much larger than the 7001 it really isn't that much heavier. Oh yeah, paid 519.00. TX King, I'm replacing my 420 Magnum so I'll keep you posted.

10. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

09/01/04...just treated myself. Brand new 8000...OH MY GOD !!! That is some kind of wind power. And it is strapped to ya, no falling off. I tried the brick on asphalt trick, and it works, really. I should have a lot of fun with the leaves this fall, what with the little wonder 10 h.p., and the 8000. They should pay for themselvesthis fall. If you have the oppurtunity, purchase the 8000, or at least demo it. You won't regret it.