Who's had what for injuries this year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meathead1134, Jun 9, 2004.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Let me start.

1. Had a grinder with a wire brush attachment that caught my left knee (still healing) that was a month ago
    2. Burn on left forearm from muffler from mower
    3. Poison ivy on right arm all healed up. I don't know how I got it.
    4. Currently have Poison ivy above right ankle still wondering how I got it this time.
    5. Small burn from weed whacker (weed eater, line trimmer or whatever you call them depending which side of the mason Dixon line you on ) under my right arm.
    6. Several scratches from prickers and thorns.

Come on guys admit it what have you gotten this year???

Ken :eek:

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

So far I've been lucky, only got burned real bad on my leg from the muffler on my mower. I think that scar will be there for a while.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

one bee sting and a minor case of syphilis. penecilin did the trick.

4. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

No injuries yet to report, knock on wood. Just normal aches and pains.

5. seasonal services

seasonal services LawnSite Member
    from ohio

i tripped and fell and put my hands out to catch me and it went right on the muffler. 3rd degree burn over the whole palm of my hand.

6. ivenholt

ivenholt LawnSite Member

couple bee stings ...poison ivy{usally keep it on my legs for the season} and scartches here and there...nothing serious.

7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

2 Bulging disks from a mulch job in 1998, Currently feels like the rotator cuff will need attention soon.

8. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I was standing on the tongue of the trailer and slipped off....on the way down,my shin hit the edge of the trailer which hurt like hell. It didn't even cut my pants but when i pulled my pants up to look at the leg,there was a half inch cut and i could see the bone! I put a piece of paper towel over the cut with string tied around it to hold it in place.I was going to go to the hospital at night or sooner it it swelled up and got worse,but ,I think the Lord was with me.At night,i cleaned it out with peroxide,applied some medicine and a butterfly band aid,and it has healed up nicely.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

No injuries so far for both of us except Matt got a little poison ivy.

10. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

"Currently feels like the rotator cuff will need attention soon"

Mine kills me too at times,so,much so,that ,i cant put my right arm up and over the back of my head. Do you have a remedy outside of an operation?