Who's learning this winter

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Feb 9, 2008.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I took my tech to a 2 day Advanced Design and Troubleshooting class put on by Ewing this week in Denver. Most of it I already knew, or knew at one time. I really don't design since we don't install anymore. But it's great to learn or re-learn. I had never learned anything on pumps before, and we barely scratched the surface. And most of this stuff I will forget again.

My tech is a wizard with this stuff and I could easily see him as an irrigation architect or something similar. He's extremely smart, and honestly think his position as a tech is boring for him.

Ewing is also doing backflow seminar and a few others at our local one. I have taken all these before, multiple times for some of the seminars. But it's always good to keep up on learning, and maybe learn a few new tips, faster ways of doing things, etc. We also took the Water Auditing class this fall, which we really liked. I'd like to see them do a couple seminars on central control and sat. systems. Also some more seminars on the business end of the industry. Like the bidding class by Vander Kooi that Fimco mentioned.

2. Seeing as how it isn't a requirement for you as it is for us in TX that is pretty impressive Dana. I'm looking to add a water audit class this go round as well.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'm hoping it doesn't become a requirement here. I'm horrible at testing! ;)

And I should be taking more classes/seminars even if I don't do any testing. Just for the leaning. And plenty of guys in the class know more than I do.

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone can cram enough information into their short term memory to pass a test. ;)

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

very true, done it before myself

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

My next few classes are going to be for cic and clea the water auditing one.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Clea? Typo, or freudian slip?

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

"Clea" is his girlfriends name.!

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

negative grandpa.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Don't get me going...had enough trouble
    with the pups yesterday. What IS her name?
    pics?