Who's part time / full time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twins_lawn_care, Nov 13, 2003.

1. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious on how all you guys work the week if you are part time mainly. I'm curious to know if you are doing LCO part time, about how many hours a week do you work with your other job, and how much time do you work with the LCO?

Personally, I work about 45 hours a week at my full time job, and about 8 hours a week (this year) with the lawns.

I know 8 hours doesn't sound like much, but I just started, and growing none the less.

Thanks for the replies:D
  2. 4734

4734 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I work a full time job 40+ hours a week, a extra job (concert security) about 15hrs. a week except in the winter months and plan on working LCO about 20 hrs a week this next season.

If things go as planned, I hope to drop that extra job this next year. :dizzy:
  3. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I have a FT job and do paper work a couple hours/week. Only mowed a couple lawns this year. I have a FT worker that helps me.
  4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I work 30 hours at my regular job, am finishing college and mow about 2 (8hr) days a week.
    I have been contemplating going full time lawn boy next season since I have turned down many jobs this year. We will see.
  5. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

For the past 2 seasons I have given my life away in order to help my business grow to the point that I can quit the 40 hr FT job. I work 40 hrs aweek here and cut every evening Monday thru Thursday, home on Friday night then out all day Saturday and Sunday. I have 37 full service properties I care for and about 15 every other week properties. 1 man 2 days a week that cuts while I am at the job then the rest of them are done by he and I the rest of the time.

If it rains too many days......... I am screwed for a week or 2 catching up.... That's when I knew it was time to make a decision.
  6. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I work a regular full time job 40- 45 hrs per week and then I mow 12 lawns part time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I need a vacation. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  7. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like I am in the same boat as a lot of you guys. Working now to build up, then enough to switch over.
    I also work a part time screen printing job, but hope to replace that income with the LCO next year to free up that time to use towards the LCO.

Keep the replies coming! :blob3:
  8. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, make plenty of t-shirts before you bail..
  9. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

40+ hrs a week at the full-time job on rotating shifts(days, night, weekends, holidays). I do the LCO thing 1 1/2 - 2 days a week w/ 16 lawns solo except when I've got cleanups or extra work to do. Could retire from the fulltime job, but I still enjoy the heck out of it.
  10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Part time here, but somewdays it seems full time. I do about 20 hrs per week.