1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who's ready for fall yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Sep 1, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

NOT ME! Had to pass on a leaf loader,(needed new carpet in the house). Using the ol' rake/blowers and tarps for another year. We do fairly well with tarps though. Its either (next year) a leaf loader or a new Z turn and I'm not getting any younger so I'm leaning towards the Z turn.
  2. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Not us, 2 more months of mowing yet...cha-ching
  4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

we will prob cut until mid november or so.
  5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

same here....maybe a few weeks in November
  6. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

No not leaves yet...still cutting grass till November i hope!!!
  7. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have a month left for cutting maybe a little more I hope:clapping: :clapping: , but its already getting kinda cold here.:cry: :cry:
  8. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys really cut into Novemeber? I stop the last day of October and on the final invoices say "If you need any additional cuts please call to schedule"

Maybe I'll go an extra week this year $$$$$ just dont want to upset anyone

Edit - fall cleanups, not ready yet. Have 3 BR600's, tarps, rakes, and all the leaves go to the curb for city pick up.
  9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

two years ago we was still mowing into nov but this year it's going to be early. Leaves are starting to turn color and some even dropping.
  10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

out last weekly cuts usaully end up the second week of december, weather depending.

Leaves here are already falling. not the maples, etc... just the usaul september culprits like Sycamore trees, and even some cherries. I\m not even talking a leaf here or there.. i have to blow before i mow!

i'll start my fall seeding in a weekpayup