Who's Ready for new Year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greatdane522003, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Greatdane522003

Greatdane522003 LawnSite Member

I'm ready for this year to be over, I'm putting my focus on new year I'm going to get out about 10,000 direct mailing fliers, I'm sick of only having 35 accounts I would like to double that, I've been saving up all year (for once!) So what are your guy's plans for next year?:dancing:

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I am with you ..let's go spring 2007

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Don't jump so far ahead and worry about getting new clients just right now. Work with the ones you already have. End of the season is a GOOD time to upsell to your existing customers for work done in the spring. We have already signed on 4 of our customers for additional work come March. March is a slow month, get some signed work now for early in the season next year.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I know me and my guys are ready for an end...this year was non-stop mowing except for when it rained too much.

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I am ready for a break too. But I am not even thinking of next year yet. Hope to have a good winter first. Then in Feb. is when I start thinking about lawncare work. I am just really fried right now. :dizzy:

6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto!!!^^

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

This was my first year, started half way through (late july) and have around 15 weekly clients. I can't wait for next year! I have 30,000 postcards beside me to be mailed out and about 40 pole signs to be put up. Got all my equiptment sorted (just need a bigger trailer) and a crapload of debt to pay off lol. Can't wait for 2007.

Cheers
    Jeff

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

im ready for this season to be done and i want S N O W

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I am looking forward to the season ending. The off season gives me time to come up with a strategy for next year. Also i love snow work b/c it is relaxing yet exciting at the same time. I HATE having nothing to do in the winter. After the second week in January i've had enough of sleeping till 9:00 and bsing around all day. This year i will go to work for a friend just to stay busy.

10. RLW

RLW LawnSite Member

Only my first year as well. But i'm ready to hammer the throttle on the Skidoo, best two stroke snow trimmer I have. Here's to a great 2007 for everyone. In the mean time I'll continue to BS on lawn site to stay hungry.