WHO'S READY to MOW

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jpocket, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Who's completly ready for the 2006 Season? I'm about 75% ready My Advertising peices are ready, the mowers were ready when I parked them, the trucks just need to be inspected.

The only thing I need to do is draft some renewal/Spring letters, and start advertising in another month and a half. There is really nothing left to do except wait. There won't be anything new just more work (Hopefully!):)

Who is not ready, who has not even thought about getting ready?

2. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i havn't started yet, just hagging out. trying to enjoy my winter. But i guess next week ill start to get ready!!!

3. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I am ready to go. The weather has been really mild this January here, and it has felt like spring is right around the corner. Also, I got a new trailer, and am very excited to use it. I would just like to pick up a few more accounts.

4. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

61 days till spring.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I make it a point to be ready to roll by the end of January, just so everything goes smoothly once March hits.

I just can't wait to get back to work, and I want to see how my new marketing strategy works.

6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I've been working on my marketing plan and planing the next year. Just started righting out an actual business plan. Everything for advertising is lined up I just have to order the flyers/post-it-notes and give the local papers the date I want my ad's to start up again. I'm still debating when to start advertising though. I still need to move my trailer in my garage and fix some things on it and build the b/p blower rack. Other then that, just get all the equipment out of storage and I'm mowing again.

I'm still enjoying sitting around though, spring can take its time to get here still :D

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

LOL...I think you guys in the NE are getting all lathered up over nothing with this warm January we're having.:nono:

February almost always brings a boatload of snow (Nor'easters included) and like I have always said, March is the most unpredictable month of the year here in the NE...it can be in the teens one day and 60's the same week. Once thing is for sure, it has been a very mild January.

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

My equipment has been ready since it was put away but it will not be needed until the end of March. Still alot of winter weather to come. I think its 50 today but tomorrow the guessers are calling for snow and tommorrow night heavy snow. Then warm again.:dizzy: February and March have always been snowy months in the upper midwest so let it snow.payup

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

You just want the white gold to fall!!!! :) payup

10. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Im always ready to continue landscaping and lawn care. I wish I could work all year round. I am not a fan of the cold.