1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whos renewing now?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALarsh, Aug 29, 2006.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I'm doing things a little differently this year. I'm sending out renewal letters with this months invoices to get everybody to renew for the 2007 season now.

I wrote a letter that says Hi and some small talk, then to offer snowplowing, and then saying that renewal letters are being sent out. As an incentive to get them turned in, I said new customers are calling in for the 2007 season and want prime spots (wed/thur/fri) so I need renewal letters in by 9/20 to lock in your prime spot... otherwise you might have to resort to undesirable mow days.

I think its good to get everybody locked in before they see free lawn mowing fliers come spring, don't you? :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Hadn't thought of if but makes sense. I'll run the idea by my partner.
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I am offering leaf removal this year and when I was up-selling that I also started talking about 2007 as some of thge leaf removal will finish in early 2007. Ive been able to use the end of leaf removal/spring clean up to sign 2 customers into a contract for 2007

4. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

My customers never drop me, so I never renew, and no contracts, of course I am small with 50 clustered customers. It is nice when you can be small and you really know all your customers, and they trust you and you trust them.
  5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I hear you, but I hate chasing the customer down come spring time to get an approval to mow next season. They are usually lazy at that time to turn in a renewal letter so I think now would be the best time.