who's starting in march?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Feb 26, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We plan to start monday march 14th, As is tradition, we ease into the season in the tractors,core aerating athletic fields. Ther'e is something special about tractor work,a bond you feel to land and nature!

2. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

If it keeps snowing the way it is, it will def be pushed back.

3. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

you are right about tractors. is it respect. its like having a degree in something.

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Just waiting for the soil temp to rise.

Chris

5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Hopefully we will be out by then. ;)

6. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

I never quit. I have 45 properties I maintain year round. I did send out letters this week to my seasonal customers that I would be starting regular services in mid March.

7. dmoney

dmoney LawnSite Member

We don't start until April

8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Was planning on March 1. But, that mfing weather man is calling for rain. So it will be March 3 for me as the second is Sunday and I have to work at the FD.

Letters have all been sent out and customers have been informed of the start date.

I am SOOOOOO ready I can't stand it. I have been over the equipment several times this week and everything is in order. I even worked in my yard yesterday to get it ready.

9. William J. L.

William J. L. LawnSite Member

Here in Ohio, everyone starts about February 28th or so. The problem is here in the midwest, we have a very small window to apply pre M. We all wait as long as we can for good temperatures but as Rob said, if we have a surprise snow fall, we could be screwed

10. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

We start in January with a dormant oil on trees and shrubs and work all year only taking a break in December :)