Who's Still Cutting?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering how many of you still have grass to cut? Here in Northwest Ohio I have only cut a limited amount of accounts. Some lawns I have not been on for 5 weeks, and still no rain in sight. What's your weather like?
    Mowman

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Was getting to that point here in Philly area, but with last weeks rains and more to come this weekend the slump should be over!

3. lawnperfections

lawnperfections LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that. Here in sunny FLA. It's been raining 2 or 3 times a week, at night thankfully, grass still growing fast and strong. Looking forward to cooler weather.

4. i have been cutting the lawns whenever i can now due to my lack of vehicle :( i think that before this past weekend they had gone about 2 weeks for some of them, and one pair i still havent done now in about 3 weeks or so. we just got dumped on last night for about an hour or two at a rate of about 2" per hour. so i am hoping that i can get somebody to go cut for me soon.

5. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Still cutting like crazy here and since i dont have a day job anymore I need all I can get.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's one nice thing about crabgrass. It grows like the dickens in hot, humid weather like we have been having lately. I am cutting all of my customers on the regular schedule. I wish I could cut some of them twice a week. It looks like August will be a record month by 12% over the previous record. July holds the previous record.

7. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We're skipping a few but we also have a lot of irrigated lawns.
    Don't want to change the name to Fried Lines Lawn.

8. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

cutting every 10 or so days.......alot of it's crabgrass though

9. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

Things are getting really slow here too...

Some lawns I haven't mowed in over two weeks and the only thing thats growing is a few weeds that I can knock down with the string trimer just as fast as the mower.

We haven't had a good soaking rainstorm in about 2 months. The last storm we got ( 2 weeks ago) dropped a lousy 1/4" and the one before that was ages ago.

Thank Goodness for seasonal contracts .
    My work week has slowed down to only three days a week now.

Dan G

10. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

same schedule since spring. nothing has changed.