who's still doing cleanups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by lawnpro724, Dec 6, 2010.

1. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

We have been trying to get the last of our cleanups done but the weather has been a real pain. October and the first part of Nov. were so dry we had a burn ban around the lake area so we couldn't do any of our bigger cleanups. Now rain, snow and high winds and very cold temps are making it near impossible to get things done. My customers have been understanding and patient but I would like to get this season over with. Is anyone still doing cleanups in the midwest?

2. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I did 5 more finals on friday before the cold and snow- still have some random cleanups that could be finished but not crucial, If I catch a warm spell, I'll hook up the trailer!

3. Impressions Landscaping

Impressions Landscaping LawnSite Member

Still doing clean-ups and leaf pick ups. Trucks are all ready for plowing and it only takes an hour to pull the leaf box off. I'll do clean ups until 2 hours before a storm!

4. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I cleaned up all of my equipment on Saturday and moved it down into my shed for the winter. I had a couple of small leaf clean ups that I could not get to, but they were for current lawn customers. With all of the rain last week and now 2" of snow on the ground now, I need to put this season to rest once in for all. I called the 2 customers and they were understanding of the situation. Both of the jobs were very small and close to my house where I dump my leaves. If we catch a warm spell I may go old school with a tarp and a rake just to get them done. If not they will be first on my list in the Spring. I hope not to hook my trailer back up or see my mowers until Spring. With such a long season finally over, I forgot how nice it is to drive my truck, without a trailer attached to it.

5. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

We've got 2 more to do, not bad just "touch ups" due to a recent storm. Was out today trimming hedges, not looking forward to leaves tomorrow, wind was really KICKING and suppose to do the same tomorrow. I too am ready to put this season to bed and wake up to SPRING!!!

6. Kartanimal29

Kartanimal29 LawnSite Member
    from Ct.

I'm still doing clean up's and pick up's. I keep getting call's so I'll do them till it starts to snow. You don't make any money sitting on the couch :)

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Cleanups last in SC until January 10th or so.

8. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Finished my last one on Monday 12/6. Not getting calls. I'm done.

9. modedicebox

modedicebox LawnSite Senior Member

Im with this guy, but its a 9 degree wind chill right now, Im working in the shop not outside.

10. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

We still have about 25 left with stragglers still coming in. I'm ready to finish up, but when the calls keep coming...