Who's The Best!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeds_Lawn_Care, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

I own a small residential lawn care biz and my Snapper 38" ZTR ain't cuttin it!

What is the best 48-52" mower out there?:confused:

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

52" Wright Stander. Get at least the 23 hp Kawasaki.

3. Jeds_Lawn_Care

is it a walk-behind?

4. SEKscag

SEKscag LawnSite Member

52" Scag wildcat with the liquid cooled Kawasaki. Truly an awesome midsized mower.

5. T. Wheeler

T. Wheeler LawnSite Member

Well if you like your Snapper the 48" Walkbehinds are good. Or also check out the Snapper 52" ZTRs. But go with whatever dealer treats you and supports you the best.

6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler Super Walkbehind 48" or 54" with the right sulky will do anything any similar sized mower will do and more.

7. SEKscag

SEKscag LawnSite Member

Guys he said the best. Sorry, but snapper and hustler are no where near the best, or even midpack. Not saying that scag is the best of the best either. If you are looking for a quality TOP of the line machine check out exmark, scag, dixie, gravely, etc....

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Thats just your opinion. Me and many other members here know that isn't true. Hustlers are among some of the best mowers on the market but it comes down to the machine that fits you conditions the best and the one that has the best dealer. Nowdays there really isn't a commercial ztr on the market that isn't a good high quality machine.

If your looking for a good 48" or 52" mower check out Hustler, Ferris, Cub cadet commercial or Lesco and the new Encore X-treme's look really nice too so if you have an Encore dealer in your area you may want to check them out as well. Also check out the brands listed in the above post as they are good as well.

9. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Amen! I have a snapper dealer who sells shindaiwa. They go together nicely. Red on Red

10. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

exmark, hands down!