Who's tired of plowing and cant wait for mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Mar 2, 2007.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We had a sub-par winter at best, altough it snowed 35 days straight in JAN. here in NWPA. Now its in the high 30's and 40's with about a month of possible snow time left. I cant wait to put the plow away and unburry the mowers and get on our new Lazer and see how much time it will actually save me. Lots of potential this season for BIG GROWTH! more condo's and commercial props. Advertising will be minimal, (I never thought in 5 years we would be at that point) Lots of new HOA's to hit up as well as new commercial props. to go knocking at. And the best thing is no more getting up at mid-night to go plow in 20 degree weather and being up for days at a time.
  2. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

This winter was actually the worst winter I remeber but then again im only 18. My blade has only his the pavement once this year. :cry:
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What winter? Right now it's almost 50 degrees and pouring outside.

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

Winter hahahahahah, starting cleanup this Monday cant wait
  5. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

The long range for-cast for the next 15 days is 40's, 50's and a lot of RAIN.
    Should make for some nice wet/ muddy ground for spring I know it's my favorite. What is the projected start date for Spring Clean-ups this year Rod?

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

God willing March 19th...probably spend a day in the shop getting that organized a little better since I right now have 11 mowers at the dealer being serviced.
  7. mole

mole LawnSite Member

we should have a count down clock on here counting the days till the mowers fire up. I know im ready.
  8. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

We plowed three times here..... my hands are shaking waiting to fire up the mowers
  9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

We plowed one time here was one of the winters ever. To the ones that got to plow this year you are very lucky
  10. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I just got bback from Florida for 2 weeks at disney and seeing all the landscapers cutting and grass green got me in the mood