whos - who?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Andrew Kovacs, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Andrew Kovacs

Andrew Kovacs LawnSite Member

I started a chemy free lawn service in 2001. I can say that because I simply don't use any chemicals. I have tried anything I can get my little hands on in an attempt to find a product I can use to add to my lawn program. Anything being a granular, powder, liquid, voodo dance to wage war on lawn weeds. Personally I believe in tall grass, sharp blades, and just a healthy schedule does most of the work, and a little hand pulling:rolleyes: But hey, we got to keep those customers happy and I hear over and over again they want me to put something down on those weeds! Trying to explain to someone that a chemically free lawn to compete with the neighbors chem lawn is almost impossible. You and I both understand, but are there any "natural" products out there yielding quick results to dazzel the customer? Has any body put together a bullet proof program?

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Educating the consumer is the only one I know of. :)

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

yeah there is some things in the works.this is my product, we will have more details soon. I t also kills weedila

!cid_538.jpg

4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

THAT is one ugly lawn!!!:):):):):):):):)

Do you grow squash in your lawn?

5. treegal1

it was only a test on the dollar weed to see if it killed the grass to. so yes we used the ugly stuff in this test.in full shade with no water and no fert for 3 years. three hours after app the weeds were dead and the grass is still green.

6. treegal1

lets see yours now that you see mine

009_09.jpg

7. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

If it is almost impossible to explain to the client that a chemical-free lawn can not compete with the neighbor's chemical lawn, then stop explaining and deliver a better lawn.
    If you are compelled to 'dazzle' a customer with instant gratification, then, put down some NPK this year. Next year NPK should be unnecessary :)

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

this is what happens when she finds weeds.......

200spank.gif

9. Tom Jaszewski

Tom Jaszewski LawnSite Member

Wow talk about over pruned and deficient looking. Those P. roebelenii look Mg deficient as do the shrubs.

10. treegal1

we have no control at that yard as far as the triming,we have ask them to stop pruning, a no go. it's a HOA,the bushes are a hawthorne near the beach, not the best pick for salt tolerance,somethings we can channge.