1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Whos Working Thursday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kennedy Landscaping, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I forgot suprising forgot about this until just tonight? Who will be working on 9-11? I am considering not working just out of respect.

2. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Will show my respects by flying the flag all day.

3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I will most definetly do that too

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure what i would do if i didnt work. I dont think to many other people r gonna be able to take the day off. Plus i would just have to go back out on saturday. I think I will have the flag flying as I do everyday. I would love to take the day off to show my respect but I dont think it is gonna happen.

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I have worked all the 9/11's since 2001. I was a senior in HS in 2001. The though that it is 9/11 does cross my mind quite a few times during the day though. Makes me remember exactly what was going on and what I was doing all that day. I'm not sure I would consider not working though.

6. steve m

steve m LawnSite Member

I will be working but will be sad all day to many good people lost that day.

GOD BLESS THE USA:usflag:

7. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like an excuse not to work. You must be a solo guy who does not have to much work.

8. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I'll be working, 9/11 is not a Holiday, nor should it be treated as one. It is a day of rememberance and observation.

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I will be working. I agree

I can just see it now. "Come down for our 9-11 20%% off our ALREADY low prices!!"

I just don't think so

10. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Agreed. There is no reason NOT to work.