Who's working tommorow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packerbacker, May 29, 2005.

1. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone here cant afford to miss a day and get backed up? Im solo with 13 yards tommorow ranging from 5,000 to 10,000 sq ft. Usually takes me about 6 hours to get them done.

I have another 14 to do on Tue all about the same size but I have an out of work buddy coming in to help me. Told him to prepare for a 13 hour day.

Anyone working tommorow and why?

2. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Don't want to but I have to. Solo also and cannot afford to get backed up on a Monday. Monday and Wednesday are the busiest days for me. I have some flexibility on Thursday but they are calling for a chance of rain all week this week so I am afraid I will be doing catch up anyway.

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Taking off monday just means more work saturday, so guess I'll be workin.

4. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Its weird, 6 out of my 13 are veterans and I doubt they want me there on Monday...

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I may have to...I'm up for overtime on my first job (firefighter) on wednesday and I am at the station tuesday...so I may have to do some on monday...

6. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I will be "Working" the Grill on Monday. Rain is in our forecast so I would probably have been off anyway.

Thanks to ALL the Service men and women that have died fighting for our freedom. I honor you on this Memorial Day weekend. Thanks..

7. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Spending the morning with my girlfriend and her family... Probably firing up on the commerical properties around 3pm..

No residentials for us tomorrow.

Happy holiday guys :waving:

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Got to do it, rained all of last week, way behind can't loose the day.

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I mowed tonight, a commercial property that takes about 2 hours. Will also be mowing tomorrow as usual. I figure that If I do happen to run across any family gatherings I will pass it till tuesday. Not likely this is going to happen tho. Most people that are doing stuff this holiday are at the lake. The rest are usually doing home improvements or nothing at all.

10. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I've got 8 scheduled for tomorrow. I'm guessing that there will be a couple that want me to wait until Tuesday. My wife is off tomorrow, so she'll be helping me. I figure I'll be done in time to fire up the grill.