Whose lawns are toasty brown?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Jul 4, 2004.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: After weeks of hardly no rain are lawns are very brown and stressed. we just had 3 days of low 80 temp and super bright sun, even the water hogs are even showing much signs of stress. who else has this growing situation? tony

2. number1dad

number1dad LawnSite Member

We are having the opposite. We have now had rain for 12 days in a row. Not continuous rain, however, enough to ruin several hours of mowing or even an entire day.

3. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

No measurable rain out here for some time now. Temps well above 100 and lawns are stressed.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We're still doing pretty good here. We have only had to skip only a small handful of lawns last week. And we just got poured on today, so hopefully that will help out some.

5. ours were in the beginning stages ..we got 2 inchs of rain yesterday tho

6. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear rain tonight and tomarrow bud. so maybe that will give us a break....speaking of water I gotta shut off my sprinkler....opps.

Jeff

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

We have about 5 were skipping now due to drought out of 130 lawns. It sucks but its not so bad yet I do hope it improves.

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

We skip most of our lawns this week. Stressed without the rain, no need to add to that with mowers, equipment, ect running over them. We did receive 2.5 inches over the weekend and there talking rain all day tomorrow. Were going to try to work, but maybe the guys will get the day off.

9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Irrigation...don't ya just love it. Ours are green as putting greens!

10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawns have become very stressed here.I have a few where they are totally brown almost like hay.With not much rain this week im sure i will be skipping some.