Whould you pay for a radio show referral?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Jan 31, 2005.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

In our area a local radio station has several info-based talk shows that give callers inside info on their trades. Auto repair, mortgage and finance, and investment. They generate leads for their own business or for "preferred" providers that pay a fee to the show. Would any of you pay for these type of referrals or leads for your landscape business and if so how much. The host of the automotive show used to own his own shop and has first hand knowledge of repair. He gives over-the -air diagnosis and steers the caller to a preferred auto repair shop. I think this formula would be great for Home related services. The host checks out each provider by inspecting their work and reputation so that when he gives the referral it has his name on it. What do you think?
  2. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

We use a local radio show for ads, It is very popular in your area because it plays all the local bands and music. The show covers all the state, It more than pays for it self in sales. The disc jockey actually bought some equipment from us. His personal testimony for the equipment has sold alot of things for us, people come in and wasnt to see the mower Roland bought. He can put us on live if we have a special sale or open house to tell listeners about. I have people always walking into the store telling me they heard about us on Rolands show. I believe you need to look at market share as to cost. We may have a unique thing but it is working well for us. good luck
  3. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Our local radio garden show has quite the following and anything talked about :)ie advertised) on his show is in instant demand in Kansas City.

The crazy part is most peopel don't even see it as advertising -- they just thin he is talking about the ebst products.

He also often has "experts" come on his show and know that there phones are "lit" up for many weks afterwards. It is very effective advertising.

I would say if youa re ready for growth and can handle the demand -- and the price is doable for you -- GO FOR IT!!!!!