1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why All The Pricing Threads?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whiteclifflawn, Jun 13, 2005.

1. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I mean if you don't know how to price stuff out after some years in the biz, why are you still in it. it seems like every time I get on here someones asking how much should I do this for? How much do you charge? everyone is diffrent,everyone charges alitttle diffrent. Some folks like making a Killing, and run wide open, some guys just just want to keep is small and make a living. Make up you own pricing a see what works for you. sorry just had to vent.
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah I know....kinda like the 2 threads on here that you just started right in front of this one asking about not only two of the most commonly used pieces of equipment in the LCO business, 1) a RedMax 8000 blower and 2) an Echo 260 trimmer, but that if you had taken time to search you would have found at least 10,000 exact threads on teh RedMax blower and another 5,000 on the Echo trimmer.... sorry just had to re-vent at you :laugh:
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not that experienced at pricing work or equipment so I like to get alot of different input before I make my decisions. I really enjoy this board and have learned alot about the business. Like right now I'm considering buying a new mower and have asked about several different brands and customer service. There are so many choices out there its a bit overwhelming. And I enjoy chatting with the folks here at lawnsite. Probably some of the best info on lawncare can be found on this site. So I hope I'm not one posting too often but if I am thanks for the good info.
  4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

you guys forget that there are many people on here that are new or have never done a job that they are about to bid on.

for example, i just read a "tree quote" thread regarding a "tree straightening". when the hell will you find anything regarding the price or procedure to straighten a tree?

i agree about the simple stuff like how much for a 60x110 yard per week. but the other things i think are legitimate questions.

I'd even like to have a "pricing forum"...i'd use it very often.
  5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the Pricing Forum would be a great addition to this site. What do you think Sean?
  6. Turf Lady

Turf Lady LawnSite Member

I would have to agree with you all, a pricing forum would be great. Would also save time for everyone on looking through archives and reapeat questions.

My opinion :rolleyes:
  7. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

not only it would be great and help out all the people that are just starting out, but it will not annoy people like Cliff and Mike and take space on the main forum.

however, dont hold your breath!!...i have been asking for a pricing forum for awhile now with no results.
  8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would rather have people check pricing on here than go give prices out to customers that undercut us all!!
    I say Bring on the pricing forum :D
  9. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

kiss my as$ mmlawn, the blower just came out what ayear ago,
  10. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I think a pricing forum would be great, but until then, all you sour-pusses are going to have to put up with pricing questions. Here are 3 reasons why. For one, you can see the initial thread, and if you involves pricing, skip right over them, for two, its extremely helpful to many individuals who visit this site, and three, the internet in HUGE, were talking about the whole damn country. If you want issues that deal only with your town, go to the city council, and city planning comission meetings, and don't forget the parent teacher conferences. Then you'll be informed on what's going on within your 10 square mile radius and won't have to bother with this website.