Why are half the people on here so mean????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by scchamblee, Feb 13, 2007.

1. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

I have read alot of posts on here and it seems like there are some people that think if you dont have 50 different licences and 5 million in insurance you are some kind of criminal! I am new to the buisness I do have insurance and am working on gettin some of the applicators licences. It is just not cost effective to do all of that if you have 10 yards. JMO

2. Robert S

Robert S LawnSite Member
    from tx

some people are like that.could be alot of things stress alchol.carrier burnout etc.im new to waiting on tax return to buy a mower weed eater blower to haul in my old chevy truck. may get more later if it pans out. good luck

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

True you have to start somewhere i was a flunky at first.

4. Robert S

Robert S LawnSite Member
    from tx

lol.got to crawl before you walk

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Some individuals prefer to run their business as legitimately and legally as possible.

And others tend to work under the table, pay no tax, carry no insurance or the proper permits, and generally lowball because they don't have the expenses of a legitimate business.

So yeah, I guess it would appear mean when those who own legitimate businesses chastise those who do not.

6. Robert S

Robert S LawnSite Member
    from tx

when i was a painter for a short time i had no insurance. didnt need a liscense but did pay tax .lost a lot of bids to low ballers thats how i went out of buissnes not enough people would pay a fair price. i wasnt tring to rob them more like they try to rob me .

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

And then some can sit behind a computer screen and be a bad a$$..... but in real life they would drop their tails and run

wayne

8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Start off small and work hard and grow your business over time. Don't try to jump in and go over your head. It's a law to be legit and to pay taxes,have insurance, licenses, etc. Alot of people come off as being mean because we all play by the rules the government has enforced for all us law abiding legal citizens. And when someone tries to run there businesses illegally and under cut all of us legal guys and not play the legal game then we speak our mind. If we have to pay taxes, have a license and follow the law then others should have to do the same thing. The lowballers can afford to undercut us legal guys because they don't have the overhead and it hurts alot of legal guys and it p!sses alot of people off.

9. Robert S

Robert S LawnSite Member
    from tx

i think lowballers low ball to keep from getting lowballed.but why wast your time and money lowballing might as well flip bergers for min wage instead of lowballing . i mowed a lawn for a landlord he agreed 35 dollers to mow and 20 to pick up some broke limbs and put at the street come time to pay me he said it was to mutch so i took 35. and next month rent i came up with a story why i couldnt pay it.lol then the following month i moved owing him money .gave him a tast of his own medicine

10. GroundControlLawnCare

GroundControlLawnCare LawnSite Member

So what your saying is you never ran your biss the first month without a liscence? Or took cash under the table?Did you have a legitimate biss . I thank that 90% OF the people on this site didn't there tirst month or for a short time until they decided that they could make it.Just my 2 cents.