Why are my weeds dying????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Xterminator, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer who signed up for weed control and fertilization that
    e-mailed me last night and was worried about all the weeds dying in her yard. Tell me how you would handle this. Just curious I have already made my mind up.

2. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

well, explain that you felt that was what she's contracted you to do, if she wanted o keep the weeds then call one of the big dogs on the block(hint)!

3. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

she is a royal pita. She also wanted me to guarantee three pallets of sod last year I told her no I don't guarantee Sod unless it was a piece or two because I can't guarantee she will water. So she got someone else it looks horrible. She referred me to a friend who understood that no guarantee ment she had to water and hers looks awsome if i do say so myself. her friend goes on and on about how good her sod looks and gets me to spray her yard too. So to make a long story longer she wanted me to do her weed and fert

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Awwwww, you killed all the pretty flowers in the lawn! you brute!

Wow, you do your job you were signed to do and she complains... a classic case of "she'd b**** if she was hung with a new rope..."

5. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

beware of her, sounds like she's not happy from her sod job so she's looking to blame it on someone. What's easier than to blame it on you and your treatments once you begin treating it. Especially sod, i would tell her she has to have aeration with any treatment plan so the root system can stay intact well. Good luck!

6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

Dear Ms. Nutjob,

Thx for letting know i'm actually doing my job. My other customers try to say most of what I do is spray water!

Love,
    The Guy thats Usin your cash for strippers!

7. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I had a lady get mad at me for killing all of the violets in her yard. I was pretty pleased with myself because I smoked them all in the first app. She called up screaming because she liked the flowers. Just can't win sometimes...

8. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

I was asked to spray around the clover, so the rabbits would have something to eat. When I explained what I would have to charge extra, she said let the rabbits starve. True story!