Why are people on here scared to.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass-scapes, Jan 19, 2005.

1. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are some of the lco's on here scared to show their business name here. I just saw a picture....the one with the cow (lol) that had the actual business name blocked out. Are people embarassed? if they do quality work, why be scared of giving out your business name. Hell, I use my business name as my lawnsite name. Maybe someone can give me a justifyable reason. (did I spell that right?)

2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe they just don't want to. By the way you did spell it wrong. Use spell check!

3. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Well there was an instance of this guy who stoled some pictures of another LC's work and used them on his web site. Because he used his real name and address on the web his wife got threating phone calls from members of this site. Now it's true he was wrong to use the pictures as his own but the kind of low life's that threatened his wife give some on here pause when it comes to posting there true identity. It's not this sites fault....it's just that with a large membership ...comes all kinds. Something you might keep in mind. JMHO

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That and others hiding their telephone numbers. People plaster them on their trucks, flyers, doorhangers, business cards and websites, but are timid to post them here....why?

5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

With all the pricing/quoting and business practice discussion going on here, some guys/gals are probably a bit scary about competition going after them.

Just my 2 C's

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe thay are afraid of getting phone calls from someone here that they pissed off. Just a guess.

7. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Or some people tell lies or half truths to screw others up. Helps keep their ID safe to avoid problems for themselves when the lies catch up to them.

8. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

True.... very true.

9. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I have nothing to hide, i'll give you any business information that you want with the exception of my address.
    Wouldn't want to loose a trailer full of equipment and you never know who might be lurking out there waiting for an easy target.

10. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Come and try to take my equipment!

You guys are right. This is the Internet after all. People can hide behind a keyboard and bs their way through stuff, have false identities and so on.

You can usually spot them coming a mile away though!