1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why are people so slow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chop Stuff Up, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

This lawn company (2-man crew) has been across the street for 3 hours doing 2 half-acre lots. Unbelievable.
  2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

And you managed to make 1 post in that time. Way to go!

3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

you failed to say what they were doing to those lots and if they were mowing, what were they using?
  4. Chop Stuff Up

1 guy was on a stander, another was trimming. Then they both went at it with the trimmers. Yard looks like crap.
  5. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

maybe they are the owners and they get paid the same no matter how fast they get done, or maybe they are the employees and they are milking the clock, or maybe they are the homeowners kids. too many variables to assume anything you peeping tom.:laugh:

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Question, Why Is Your Neighbor Giving Business To Some Other Lco. Shouldn't You Be Out There Beating Your Neighbor Over The Head With A Rock Or Something. Heck, Since You Would Only Be Going Across The Street, Cut The Price Big Time Or Something. Not To Mention, What Are You Doing Inside On The Computer When There Is Grass Cutting Time To Be Had. Don't You Know You Are Supposed To Cut Grass From Sunup To Sundown. That Is Unless You Have Street Lights, Then You Should Be Cutting 24/7. Just Kidding
  7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

and your business is so slow that you can just sit in your house and watch them for that 3 hours???? Least they were making money not spying and taking pics through the window :dizzy:
  8. Chop Stuff Up

I do not own a lawn business. So yes, Ive got all the time in the world. They were really getting on my nerves.
  9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Why in the Hell do you capitalize every friggin word? My God man, that's annoying, not to mention very poor grammar.

As for getting neighbors for clients, no thanks. At least not on my own street. There is one guy I will mow for sometimes, but I don't charge him. He gives me fish when he catches a lot, and I mow his yard occasionally. But as for getting them as clients, no chance. When they don't pay, or you're late, or they're late, or a million other things, tension builds, they see you coming and going...... No thanks.

As for the original post, I know what you're saying. There is a crew of TWO that does the two yards next door to me, they usually come about 2 P.M. when I am getting home, or have been home for a while. It takes them almost 2.5 hours to do two yards the excact same size as mine. I do mine in under 25 minutes by myself. What in the world could take them so long???
  10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

no, no,no, no, no......never, way too close to home, ther is ever a problem and you have to live with it forever.

and why werent you out mowing....:)