Why are the Coke's in the 8oz bottles better?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jul 30, 2000.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Stopped by the local store Friday and got me a nice cold 8oz Coke in the small 8oz glass bottle. While standing there I noticed the prices of their other Coke products:<br><br>2 liter plastic bottle: $0.89<br>20oz plastic bottle Coke: $0.99<br>8oz glass bottle Coke: $0.89<br>(Sure wish fuel was priced like this!!)<p>While weighing my options I thought about each one:<p>2 liter- More for less, must consume in a timely manner, will soon loose it's &quot;fizz&quot; and be flat. Will discard in trash if it does so.<p>20oz- Good overall value, right size, no waste, just not as good as the 8oz.<p>8oz- The most expensive, but, the better overall. <p>Got me to thinking, why would anyone pay .89 cents for 8oz of Coke when they can get 60oz more for the same price, or pay .10 cents more and get 12oz more? Hummmm? I bought the 8oz bottle, enjoyed it more, and it taste better, why? Does Coke and more &quot;flavor&quot; to make it better, enhance it in any way, not sure but I do know it is better. Period. <p>Got me to thinking about our business. Why do some people pay $40 to have their lawn mowed, others pay $30, and yet others pay only $20 for the same service?<p>Is it how we package our &quot;product&quot;, how we advertise, how we promote, or is it just because they KNOW it's better? What do you do to sell your product to get the most for less?<p>Which lawn service are you, a service doing:<p>1) 67oz worth of work for .89 cent, good value now, but will soon &quot;fizz out&quot;.<br>2) 20oz worth of work for .99 cent, good overall value, but someone is still doing it better at a higher price.<br>or <br>3) 8oz worth of work for .89 cent, the more expensive, but without a doubt the best, period!<p>If you are #1 or #2, what can you do to obtain the #3 status? Uniforms, appearance, equipment, advertising, professionalism, education, or what? Maybe take a trip down to the store, get a 8oz Coke and give it some thought.<p>Just something to think about...<p><font size="1">Edited by: KirbysLawn

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Some times I feel like I am giving two liters away for 50 cents when I should be selling 1 liters for a dollar.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Some days I come home and feel like drinking 6 or 8 - 12oz Buds, then the pricing doesn't matter much.

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You think that is bad. You can go to the local walmart and buy a 18 pack of coors lite for around 11$. Or you can buy the 24 pack for over 16$. Go figure.

5. GrassCtr

GrassCtr LawnSite Member
    from south

very interesting thought, makes you think! on my way to the store.

6. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Simply because some people like getting screwed.

7. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

I have never seen an 8 oz. bottle of coke. Are you sure it's not a 12oz.?

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Gentlemen!!! We are talking about a society of people who go in to a store and spend $1.39 for a bottle of WATER!!! And we thought $2.00 for a gallon of gas was bad....

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh yeah, anyone else, or am I the only one that noticed that EVIAN spelled backwards is naive?

10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

OSC, yep it's 8oz. Really a much better taste, most people I know agree also. Maybe were all just stupid, not sure?